Follow me on Facebook

For updates, discussions, links and more photos follow me on Facebook:

The Vintage Dressmaker (1)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

At Long Last...


At last my new computer has arrived. I feel almost human again! Yes, it has been over a year. With a new baby in the house, making us 7 in all now, few things occur on schedule or on budget anymore! I plan on finishing the under-bust corset as soon as possible and updating those posts soon. I have not, however, been idle. I wrote the pattern and made the 1920’s sweater I was planning. I now need to type up and edit the pattern. I will be making it available soon through eBay. I will also add a post on how to put it together once all the pieces have been stitched along with detailed photographs and tips.  It turned out lovely! You will not be disappointed!

New post topics I am currently researching and have in the works include:

·           How to make and early 1920’s wire and buckram based hat
·           Trimming a 1920’s Hat with Ribbon Work
·           An Embroidered, Lace Trimmed Shirtwaist
·           An Early 1920’s Spring Skirt
·           The right shoes and accessories 

No comments:

Post a Comment