Follow me on Facebook

For updates, discussions, links and more photos follow me on Facebook:

The Vintage Dressmaker (1)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lace Yoke for 1920's Evnelope Chemise Part 2

To attach the insertion piece I gathered the top edge with a running stitch to "ease" the lace into a semi-circle and aligned it to the bottom of the "beading", "right" side down, using a tiny hem stitch in the same fashion as before.





I found a piece antique silk ribbon in the perfect shade of "honeydew" and cut it into two equal lengths. Then I tacked it to the "wrong" side of the lace at the shoulder seam of the yoke and threaded it through the beading with a bodkin.






This is a view of the "right" side of the yoke.






At this point I also trimmed the crinoline off the back of the piece of ribbon work I made in preparation to be sewn on to the yoke.






Next I will sew the yoke to the front of the silk chemise.

No comments:

Post a Comment