Follow me on Facebook

For updates, discussions, links and more photos follow me on Facebook:

The Vintage Dressmaker (1)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Books!!

I love getting things in the mail! Especially new books!! Today four new fantastic vintage books came in the mail reguarding my 1920's research! One on draping, one on design, and two on millinery. So yes, I believe I will cover hat making in the blog as well!!



The book on draping has some fabulous inspriation for period evening gowns and more elaborate afternoon / tea gowns that get my creative wheels spinning. Now that school is back in and I'm down to one child home during the day as opposed to four, things should start to pick up speed again. So bear with me, this should be an exciting winter.

I think this winter I will finish crocheting a 1920's sweater I started a while back and blog that too. Let's make sure we cover everything! Maybe gloves too?

I think I'll add a page of all the books I have in my Library for my own benefit and your curiosity.

The corset is cut out and I'll be uploading construction photo's soon. I still have to order the spring steel for the side supports so I'll have to wait for it to get here.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you'll be doing an old Coca-Cola advertisement with hat and everything? I have an old bottle if you need it. (I want it back.)

    ReplyDelete