Follow me on Facebook

For updates, discussions, links and more photos follow me on Facebook:

The Vintage Dressmaker (1)

Friday, January 23, 2015

Sigh...

It has come to my attention, sadly, that someone has copied and pasted the content of this blog (word for word, text and images) on their own blog and claimed it as their own. More than one person actually. It should be known that by publishing original content on your blog, it is therefore protected under copyright laws.  Sharing a link to someone's blog and copying and pasting it as your own are two different things. The later, is illegal. Shame on you if you are guilty.

I am in the long and tedious process of contacting all of these individuals and requesting that they remove the content.

I have no problem sharing my knowledge and experience with others. I enjoy it actually, which is why I started this blog in the first place. But I feel I deserve the credit for collecting it and putting it into words. And the law agrees with me.  No part of this blog can be used or repurposed without my explicit permission.

I don't mind if people share links to this blog (I encourage it actually) or want to use the information according to the fair use clause of the copyright law. However republishing it in part or in whole as your own is "a horse of a different color". Please be aware that, although posts have been delayed due to life events, I monitor this blog regularly and if you steal my content I will hunt you down and I will find you.

On a good note... I plan to pick up where I left off and begin regular posts again next month.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry and outraged to learn that people have been so cruel and thankless. I just found your blog and am amazed at your skills. The lace application on your 20s chemise is gorgeous, and the finished garment looks extant. I'm inspired to make a lace yoke like that for my edwardian chemise! !

    ReplyDelete